In this 12-week intensive module, you will obtain unique experience through comprehensive bootcamp training and engaging industry project. These modules will present learners with practical and authentic challenges, while being guided and mentored by academic staff and industry experts. You will work with the top data science tools and gain skills that are urgently needed by industry.
The module will prepare you for a Data Analyst job by covering the technical and soft skills needed to succeed in industry.
Lectures & Labs. In our lectures and labs, we will talk about:
- Data, Data preprocessing and data exploration (Week 1),
- Correlation and regression (Week 2),
- Clustering and advanced visualisations (Week 3), and
- Storytelling (Week 4).
Skills. In addition, we will also equip you with the range of skills necessary for work and life in general, including:
- Collaboration & Communication, and Problem solving & Critical thinking (Week 1),
- Experimenting & Design thinking, and Creativity (Week 2),
- Cultural Consciousness and Decision Making (Week 3), and
- Teamwork (Week 4).
Data Challenge. In Week 3, we will introduce a Data Challenge. The main purpose of this challenge is to prepare you for your industry project that starts in January. You will be organised in teams, working on a specific problem, with our support throughout the process. You will be working on this in Week 3 and Week 4.
Lift+. We also prepared many other resources. It will NOT be mandatory for you to engage with everything we prepared for you. However, if you would like to broaden your knowledge on a specific topic, those resources will be there.
Engagement. If you have been invited to this program that is because we thought we could do something together for your career. This means we need you to reach out to us and engage as you go through the program. We understand that not everyone feels comfortable sharing publicly, however, we will provide different options for you to engage with us. We are here to work with you.
Industry Project. Week 6 – 11, students are matched to client projects and undertake a real industry project sprint, supported by a mentor.
Pitch presentation & Certification. Week 12, students will present their recommendations and undertake the final certification requirements.
On completion of the Data Analyst module, you should be able to:
- Use common statistical techniques to discover insights from data
- Describe and critique common data visualisation approaches to discover insights from data
- Use appropriate data visualisation techniques when exploring data and communicating results of analytics
- Create effective data visualisations using Python